First Bank Nigeria short code *894# is used by customers to carry out simple transactions such as money transfers, buying of airtime, checking account balance, paying bills, creating/changing mobile banking PIN, opening account and lots more without an app or internet. In this article, you will learn how to use this FBN code 894 to to your advantage.
First Bank Nigeria (FBN) followed other Nigerian banks like GTB, Diamond Bank, Union Bank, UBA etc to introduce a mobile banking short code *894# to provide self banking service to its customers across the country. Follow below instructions on how to get started with First Bank *894# code.
How to Register for the First Bank Short Code *894#
Before you will be eligible to use first bank code 894, you must register it with the phone number associated with your Firstbank account.
- To register for *894# services, dial *894*0#
- All the debit cards linked to that phone number will appear
- Just Select your preferred debit card
- Then Enter the 5-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) for the selected debit card
In case you want to create a new PIN, follow below instructions.
How to Create PIN for Firstbank Transfer Code
You need this PIN in order to complete transactions such as sending money, paying DSTV, GOtv, Startimes subscription or even PHCN bills via First bank short code.
- To create a 5-digit PIN, dial *894*0#, and enter any 5 digit number you want to be using as your code (serves as password).
- Note that this code must be dialed on the number connected to your Firstbank account.
Now that you have registered your number and account with First Bank USSD Code service, and having created your unique PIN, it’s time to know how to use the Code to perform some transactions on your on. Follow the instructions below.
How to Send Money Using Firstbank Transfer Code *894#
To send money dial *894*Amount*Receipients Account number#, For example *894*2000*1234512345#
How to Buy Airtime With the Firstbank Short Code
- To recharge the phone number connected to your account number dial *894*amount# i.e. *894*200# on your phone and you’ll be credited with the sum of N200.
- To recharge the phones of your family and friend, dial *894*Amount*phone number#, that is *894*200*08012341234#, the phone number you entered will be credited with the sum of N200.
How to Check Your Account with the First Bank Mobile Banking Code
You can quickly check your bank account balance by dialing *894*00# from the phone number linked with your account.
Quick Tip: The FBN short code 894 was derived from First Bank of Nigeria establishment date which is 1894.
With this short code, you no longer need to frequently visit Firstbank offices and ATM to perform transactions. All you need now is to memorize 894 and have it at your fingertips.